About SLinCA@HomeSLinCA (Scaling Laws in Cluster Aggregation) is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in field of materails science. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.
Project Description, Wiki, FAQ, and other sections are under construction, but some info can be found in
- Read our rules and policies
- This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select Attach to Project. If not, download BOINC.
- When prompted, enter
- If you're running a command-line or pre-5.0 version of BOINC, create an account first.
- If you have any problems, get help here.
- Number of registered users: 3824.
- Number of active users: 2176.
- Number of hosts: 3137.
- Number of active teams: 129.
- Estimated performance: 0 GFLOP/s.
- Peak performance: 1258.785 GFLOP/s.
- The current conditions for 1 workunit per 1 CPU core (2.4GHz):
- application SLinCA ('rho'-family of client-parts): runtime~2-4 hours; RAM<60 MB; HDD<40 MB; chronometry of progress: nonlinear; checkpoint: not available.
- application LAMMPS over DCI ('lodci'-family of client-parts): runtime~10-80 minutes; RAM<70 MB; HDD<50 MB; chronometry of progress: linear; checkpoint: available.
- Project performance
- Server Status
- Download BOINC add-on software
- Your account - view stats, modify preferences
- Team - create or join a team
- Certificate - Your personal proof of the work completed